This post is sponsored by Stella® but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
We’re always looking for easy, light and refreshing meals to make, especially during summer months when we like to spend less time cooking and more time outside enjoy the lover evenings!
Caprese on Toast:
This is the traditional Caprese salad on lightly-toasted bread, which is a quick and super easy meal or even appetizer! Fresh ingredients are key to this recipe.
- 1/3 Cup of fresh basil leaves (can be store bought but we grow our own at home)
- 1 8oz Package of Stella® Fresh Mozarella Cheese
- 1 Package of Sweet Grape or Cherry Tomatoes
- Traditional Balsamic Vinegar (enough to drizzle over)
- Rosemary Olive Oil (enough to drizzle over)
- 1 Package of crackers, or small lightly-toasted bread (most supermarkets have this in their bakery area)
- Trim your basil plant if you have one at home. Otherwise at this time just go ahead and gather the basil together.
2. Wash your sweet grape tomatoes and slice them. For presentation purposes, I cut one grape into about 3 pieces, but you can slice them or dice them; it is all up to you.
3. Place the sliced tomatoes off to the side. The next step is to slice up the Stella® Mozarella Cheese into slivers that are the appropriate size for the cracker or pieces of lightly-toasted bread.
4. Place each slice of Stella® Mozarella Cheese on to a small cracker or your lightly-toasted bread.
6 . Place either the diced up tomatoes, or a slice of tomato on top of the fresh basil leaves.
7. Drizzle Rosemary Olive Oil over the appetizer. (No exact amount necessary — all your preference)
8. Drizzle Balsamic Vinegar over the appetizer. (No exact amount necessary — all your preference).
9. ENJOY! Now you have a perfect, light and fresh summer time appetizer that you can serve with any pasta dish!
Be sure to check out your local grocery store for different Stella® Cheeses and have fun making your own recipes!
Make every day gourmet with Stella®! The reason I chose to use Stella® Mozarella Cheese is because it allows you to transform any traditional dish or cheese plate into a gourmet experience! It offers a fresh, milky flavor and soft, delicate texture! I have linked here the Stella website so you too can find more fun recipes for the summer! Can’t wait to see what you make, be sure to tag me!
Photos by: Heel-Toe Photography